Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3D Surface Minimum of two boundaries

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am currently trying to find the minimum z value (along with the corresponding x,y,z terms) of an object. I am able to do this using the 3D Plot -> Max/Min Surface -> Geometry -> Z.

However, this only gives me the minimum (and maximum) point of my entire object. I would like to find it about 2 different boundaries on my object.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

1 Reply Last Post 15 avr. 2015, 14:27 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 15 avr. 2015, 14:27 UTC−4
Hi
If I understand you correctly you may define a new Data Set (use right click and duplicate and add a selection node, or select a new "boundary data set" and select your boundaries) and then define your min max operator on this specific data set.

You might be also interested to learn that the min and max operators under Derived Values can return the coordinates af the respective min max values. Check the help or the doc on the min max operators

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi If I understand you correctly you may define a new Data Set (use right click and duplicate and add a selection node, or select a new "boundary data set" and select your boundaries) and then define your min max operator on this specific data set. You might be also interested to learn that the min and max operators under Derived Values can return the coordinates af the respective min max values. Check the help or the doc on the min max operators -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.