Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

error in matching 2d & 3d results of same model.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello sir, i am designing the resonator structure using piezoelectric module. i designed the device and plotted all required results but my problem is that i designed the devise in both 2d and 3d model with same dimensions and boundary counditions but the resultant frequency is shifted much more then it can be???
how to resolve the problem plzzz help.........
is there any one who faces same problem or having the solution???????

3 Replies Last Post 16 avr. 2015, 08:27 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 9 years ago 9 avr. 2015, 11:54 UTC−4
Hi
normally you see very little differences between 2-3D typically below 5-10%
One of the common mistakes is to forget to set the correct depth ".d" in 2D or to miss some BC's i.e. expressed in densities instead of absolute values...
--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi normally you see very little differences between 2-3D typically below 5-10% One of the common mistakes is to forget to set the correct depth ".d" in 2D or to miss some BC's i.e. expressed in densities instead of absolute values... -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 9 years ago 10 avr. 2015, 00:06 UTC−4
hello sir
whats the meaning of d is here n how can i set it if my dimensions are:
2D- 100*2
3D- 100*100*2
what dimension of d is to be defined in this case?????
hello sir whats the meaning of d is here n how can i set it if my dimensions are: 2D- 100*2 3D- 100*100*2 what dimension of d is to be defined in this case?????

Posted: 9 years ago 16 avr. 2015, 08:27 UTC−4
hey is there anybody who can help me.
dear ivar the depth you told me does not work for my problem is there any other reason??????
hey is there anybody who can help me. dear ivar the depth you told me does not work for my problem is there any other reason??????

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.