Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Installing Comsol with Matlab

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have 2 questions:

1/After having installed Matlab R2010a I have tried to reinstall Comsol 4.0 with the corresponding Matlab path asked by the Comsol installer. But unfortunately after the Comsol 4.0 installation was completed, I got on my desktop only a shortcut "Comsol multiphysics 4.0" and no additional shortcut "Comsol multiphysics 4.0 with Matlab" (this works perfectly with Comsol 3.5a) which means that the installation did not connect Comsol 4.0 with Matlab R2010a. Has anybody an idea of how to fix this problem?

2/ In order to uninstall Comsol 4.0 and reinstall it with Matlab (my former question), I went in the Windows configuration pannel/install_uninstall_sofwares_list. But unfortunately I didn't find Comsol 4.0. According to this there is no way to uninstall properly Comsol 4.0. So Is there a way to uninstall properly Comsol 4.0 other than simply kill the Comsol4 directory?

Thanks for your help!

Roland

1 Reply Last Post 16 juin 2010, 09:26 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 juin 2010, 09:26 UTC−4
Hi

read through the installation guide, the best is to run the CD each time also for uninstall, unfortunately , I have noticed that it works best by unistalling everything (save your files in the structure before) , then

in Windows I clear the .C:\\users\$USER\.comsol\v40 or wathever v40 see the faq notes

and reinstall from scratch, then apply the one-two patches to get up to date BEFORE even starting comsol

by similarity under LINUX.

Then I always log into the COMSOL server once to give my name ans password, then only I start with MATLAB

the shortcut to matlab server is a standard link to: ...bin/.../comsolserver.exe matlab

as descibed in the pdf doc

I have not managed just to do a licence update wihout uninstalling and starting from scratch in V4

Good luck
Ivar
Hi read through the installation guide, the best is to run the CD each time also for uninstall, unfortunately , I have noticed that it works best by unistalling everything (save your files in the structure before) , then in Windows I clear the .C:\\users\$USER\.comsol\v40 or wathever v40 see the faq notes and reinstall from scratch, then apply the one-two patches to get up to date BEFORE even starting comsol by similarity under LINUX. Then I always log into the COMSOL server once to give my name ans password, then only I start with MATLAB the shortcut to matlab server is a standard link to: ...bin/.../comsolserver.exe matlab as descibed in the pdf doc I have not managed just to do a licence update wihout uninstalling and starting from scratch in V4 Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.