Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Computing Speed Extremely Low in Time-Dependent Solver

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

I used a workstation with 64core CPU,512G RAM to solve 2D time dependent problem, usually when I solve two simulations simultaneously, the CPU usage is around 80%, RAM about 30G, and solve time is about 1.5 hours for each case.
But recently when I solve two or more simulations simultaneously, the CPU usage is less than 20% and the solve time is extremely long(8+ hours). I checked the log and found that when solver tried to interpolate the time step to store, the speed was very low, and progress window showed that Nonlinear solver progress is 100%, but row below that (assembling XX or Reaction XX) always disappear for minutes.

Could somebody explain is this because of model I build( all the models and meshes are similar for my simulations, minor changes made on parameters) or some other setting issue?

Thanks,

3 Replies Last Post 7 mars 2015, 21:52 UTC−5

Posted: 9 years ago 6 mars 2015, 21:40 UTC−5
Hi:
Maybe you can use enable.
Hi: Maybe you can use enable.

Posted: 9 years ago 7 mars 2015, 21:03 UTC−5
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
But could you be more specific?
Hi, Thank you for your reply. But could you be more specific?

Posted: 9 years ago 7 mars 2015, 21:52 UTC−5
Hi:
This is a complex problem,This will apply to the FEM theory,So I suggest you look at the help documentation for an explanation of solver。
Hi: This is a complex problem,This will apply to the FEM theory,So I suggest you look at the help documentation for an explanation of solver。

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.