Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulate ThermoMechanic constrain for material deposition (FDS)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I now use comsol for 1 year ago for really simple problem. But today I would like to use it for more complex one. How can simulate the thermomechanics constrain over the manufacturing of piece through Fusion Deposit Modeling ? One of the main issue is to simulate the path of the tool over the process and make comparison between different tool path on the residual stress and distortion.

Thanks a lot for your help, if you need more details let me know.

1 Reply Last Post 26 févr. 2015, 10:02 UTC−5
Valentina Troncale COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 26 févr. 2015, 10:02 UTC−5
Hello Victor,

The COMSOL Model library proposes a variety of models on Themal and Mechanical applications.
One model you could start from may be the "Laser Heating of a Silicon Wafer", which is also available from the following link:
www.comsol.com/model/laser-heating-of-a-silicon-wafer-13835

You may write directly to the COMSOL support: support@comsol.com
providing more details on your application and attaching your model if you have one.

Thank you very much and all the very best,
Valentina

Hello Victor, The COMSOL Model library proposes a variety of models on Themal and Mechanical applications. One model you could start from may be the "Laser Heating of a Silicon Wafer", which is also available from the following link: http://www.comsol.com/model/laser-heating-of-a-silicon-wafer-13835 You may write directly to the COMSOL support: support@comsol.com providing more details on your application and attaching your model if you have one. Thank you very much and all the very best, Valentina

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.