Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Reflectaion and transmission spectrum of the Si wafer in 400 nm - 2000 nm band

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Sir,

I have mail so much time regarding this problem but I am not getting any satisfactory answer till now. Please this time look at my results obtained by using comsol and also literature in the attachment file. In the plot, the reflection spectrum in the 400 nm - 1000 nm are almost matched, but the in 1000 nm -1800 nm there in some difference in the result. again in the transmittance spectrum in the 400 nm - 1000 nm range it not not matching at all. I am using port condition to calculate the reflection and transmittance spectrum.

T = abs(emw.S21)^2 and R = abs(emw.S11)^2

again I am using the dispersive nature refractive index of the SI by interpolation the function.

In my point all thing are correct but what wrong with simulation not getting the right result in the whole band of my interest.

Could you suggest me the right answer to minimize this error.

Thanks

Gangadhar Behera

IIT kanpur

0 Replies Last Post 29 déc. 2014, 09:57 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello AKASH

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.