Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Compatibility

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Does anyone have experience in transferring over models between various versions of COMSOL? I recently started using COMSOL 5.0, and before that was using 4.4, and before that started on 4.3. I have been mostly building models through the COMSOL interface (in the GUI) and then saving as a .m so I can continue working and updating models directly through MATLAB. For some of my models, I used the code I already had from 4.3 and just ran the .m through the 5.0 version and got what looks to be the same model, but from comparing the language I see there are some slight differences in the code - for instance:

model.geom('geom1').create('cyl1', 'Cylinder');
vs.
model.geom('geom1').feature.create('cyl1', 'Cylinder');

It seems that in updating COMSOL, some parts of the code were changed as well. Will this impact anything? Do I need to go through line by line (it's a long code!) and fix those sort of things, or will it work the same way? I have not yet noticed any differences but of course I want to preserve accuracy and not run into problems later on.

Thanks,
Shoshana

0 Replies Last Post 17 déc. 2014, 05:48 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shoshana Spellman

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.