Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Material interaction

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello,

I have a question about material interaction.
How can you tell Comsol that there are two materials that can move in the geometry and take each other places. For example water moves in a box so air can be there were water was first.

Can somebody explain to me how i can program this.

thanks in advance
Falko de Wit
the Netherlands.

1 Reply Last Post 11 déc. 2014, 18:59 UTC−5
Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 11 déc. 2014, 18:59 UTC−5
Hi Falko,

Yes you can. If the two materials are fluids use one of the multiphase flow features such as Level Set or Phase Field. If one is a solid and one is a fluid use Fluid-Structure Interaction (FSI).

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
Hi Falko, Yes you can. If the two materials are fluids use one of the multiphase flow features such as Level Set or Phase Field. If one is a solid and one is a fluid use Fluid-Structure Interaction (FSI). Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.