Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

moving heat transfer coefficient with time

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi to all,

I am doing a heat transfer model and I want to move a heat transfer coefficient (h=10 [W/m^2*K]) with time over the plate surface. Its should fall on a small area (6mm diameter circle) over the plate. There is a option to define heat transfer coefficient for point, surface and domain in comsol. But I could not find out any option for applying h value on small area and moving with time.

Please find attachment and help me with the moving heat transfer coefficient (h=10 [W/m^2*K]) with time. I don´t know how to define it! Thanks in advance.

1 Reply Last Post 21 nov. 2014, 16:01 UTC−5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 21 nov. 2014, 16:01 UTC−5
Hi,

You may want to try this:
Under module' Heat Transfer in Solids(ht)'--select 'Heat Flux'--select the surface/boundary. Specify heat transfer coefficient.
Under Definitions--add function which will simulate wrt time. Make sure you relate your HTC with time function.

Regards
KB
Hi, You may want to try this: Under module' Heat Transfer in Solids(ht)'--select 'Heat Flux'--select the surface/boundary. Specify heat transfer coefficient. Under Definitions--add function which will simulate wrt time. Make sure you relate your HTC with time function. Regards KB

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.