Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Find Forces on Spindt Tip Gate

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I have modeled a Spindt-type cathode for my lab and would like to evaluate the electrostatic forces acting on the gate of the model. I am having trouble setting up Force Calculation for the Electrostatics module, however, and was wondering if anyone could help me figure it out.

Thanks,

Aaron

2 Replies Last Post 13 nov. 2014, 00:52 UTC−5
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 10 years ago 11 nov. 2014, 15:21 UTC−5
Aaron,

what is the problem?

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Aaron, what is the problem? Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 10 years ago 13 nov. 2014, 00:52 UTC−5
Hi Edgar,

I am having trouble setting up the Force Calculation for the Electrostatics module on my model. I have tried performing a volume integration of the mechanical force as calculated by the module physics, but any graph I try to render returns '0' values everywhere. Really I am open to any approach as I am not entirely familiar with COMSOL yet.

Thanks for your help!
Hi Edgar, I am having trouble setting up the Force Calculation for the Electrostatics module on my model. I have tried performing a volume integration of the mechanical force as calculated by the module physics, but any graph I try to render returns '0' values everywhere. Really I am open to any approach as I am not entirely familiar with COMSOL yet. Thanks for your help!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.