Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Attempt to calculate magnetic field of a particle as it moves inside of a velocity field.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I attempt to model a hybrid system in which a fluid pass by a micro-channel. Around the micro-channel there is an inductance (copper coil) and a capacitance.

The fluid is studied with the spf. physics, and the value of the inductance is calculated with the mf physics.

It is supposed that the fluid has micro and nano molecules, and therefore I am using the cpt and fpt physics, but I have not been able to to the following:

*Assign properly magnetic permeability to the molecules.
*Assign magnetic charge to the molecules.
*Unite the cpt and fpt in such way that Comsol understands that it is necessarily to study the same particles under the electric and fluid world simultaneously.
*The system is supposed to be a sensor, therefore the whole idea is to identify changes in the value of the capacitance and in the inductance as a function of time (or the amount of particles that pass by the sensor), but I cannot use properly the feature "field-particle interaction in order to identify how the molecules affect both, magnetic and electric fields inside of the micro-channel.

As an other solution, I tried to move a single particle using fsi, but it seems necessary to assign a fixed point to the particle, and hence the particle does not move.

Please give me some advice,

Thank you for your assistance,
Greetings,
ABM.

0 Replies Last Post 6 nov. 2014, 09:46 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Alberto Barros

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.