Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to couple two physics model both are time dependent and affect each other

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I have a problem like this.
For a simple description:
model 1 (corrosion): F1=(X1,X2,X3, F2, t), for example F1 is corrosion depth, F2 is stress
model2 (solid mechanical ): F2=(Y1,Y2,Y3, F1, t).
Because the stress will affect the corrosion rate and corrosion depth ,then corrosion depth
will affect stress with time, so at different time, there are different F1 and F2.
I have try some methods ,but I cant get results.
If there without time dependent , I can figure out , now with time dependent, I dont know
how to do.
Anybody can help me how to build step to solve this coupled problem with time dependent.

Thanks very much.!

0 Replies Last Post 5 nov. 2014, 19:53 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Chaoyang Xie

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.