Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error in time dependent study when periodic electric current applied

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I think I somehow managed to define a periodic signal by combining a rectangle signal and an analytic function.

In order to make use of this signal as an electric current input, I multiplied the analytic function (no units) with my current parameter (25 Amperes). So, under Terminal I have " I*an1 " as applied electric current.

When I try to simulate a time dependent study, I get an error.

I attached 3 screenshots.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,
Bartu

1 Reply Last Post 27 oct. 2014, 09:32 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 27 oct. 2014, 09:32 UTC−4
Hi Bartu,
That Jacobean error has come up with me too, there are some possible tweaks one could perform, but they depend on the physics. Could you attach the model here so I can take a look? I might be able to help!

Charles
Hi Bartu, That Jacobean error has come up with me too, there are some possible tweaks one could perform, but they depend on the physics. Could you attach the model here so I can take a look? I might be able to help! Charles

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.