Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

unit problem in study configuration

Sebastian Starosielec

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm a new user, and try to use the Eigenfrequency study on some simple micrometer-scale optical geometry.

The Eigenfrequency study settings asks me for a "search for eigenfrequencies around: ____", but won't accept my input as "300[THz]", raising a syntax error.

It seems the interface won't accept the unit. I do expect eigenmodes at 300 THz (i.e. at 1µm vacuum wavelength), but I'm not sure what to enter here. If there is no explicit unit, there must be an internally used implicit unit. So... what is it to enter to search around 300 THz ? Does it depend on other scales or units used in the modelling ?

1 Reply Last Post 9 oct. 2014, 00:09 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 9 oct. 2014, 00:09 UTC−4
I haven't worked with RF module or Eigenfrequency simulations, so I'm not sure if this is helpful at all. But did you try the frequency in Hertz without the units, "300E12"?
I haven't worked with RF module or Eigenfrequency simulations, so I'm not sure if this is helpful at all. But did you try the frequency in Hertz without the units, "300E12"?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.