Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

peristaltic pump

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have some question about peristaltic pump the model Comsol, "peristaltic_pump.mph (Model Library Path: COMSOL_Multiphysics / Multiphysics / peristaltic_pump) ".

(a) The Comsol use this equation "netflow=netflowt-(inflow+outflow)/(2*Ttot)", but the correct definition of the net flow would be this equation "netflow=netflowt -outflow + inflow " ? Why of this division (2*Ttot) ?

(b) What would the value of the flow pumped by the end of a cycle?

b.1) Would be the integral outflow over time?
or
b.2) Would be the integral netflow over time?

Thanks

4 Replies Last Post 15 sept. 2014, 04:55 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Arlindo Garcia

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 20 févr. 2013, 09:33 UTC−5
IS this model available in the library readily ?
IS this model available in the library readily ?

Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Posted: 1 decade ago 20 févr. 2013, 12:02 UTC−5
Hi Nikhil,

You can get the peristaltic pump model from the Model Gallery (Model ID 985) at this website. For what it’s worth the response to Arlindo’s 3 year old question is that the equation for the net flow is “netflowt-(outflow+inflow)/2 = 0”. If you divide by Ttot you get the average volumetric flow rate. The suggested equation “netflowt – outflow + inflow = 0” gives the net change in fluid volume inside the pump.

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
Hi Nikhil, You can get the peristaltic pump model from the Model Gallery (Model ID 985) at this website. For what it’s worth the response to Arlindo’s 3 year old question is that the equation for the net flow is “netflowt-(outflow+inflow)/2 = 0”. If you divide by Ttot you get the average volumetric flow rate. The suggested equation “netflowt – outflow + inflow = 0” gives the net change in fluid volume inside the pump. Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 févr. 2013, 06:01 UTC−5
Hi Nagi,
Thanks for your answer, I went through your paper and it was very exciting. we are studying peristaltic pumps as a part of our final year project . Can you please provide us with the model you have developed for academic purposes ? It would be invaluable if you could do so. It is a sincere request.
Regards,
Nikhil Pingle
Hi Nagi, Thanks for your answer, I went through your paper and it was very exciting. we are studying peristaltic pumps as a part of our final year project . Can you please provide us with the model you have developed for academic purposes ? It would be invaluable if you could do so. It is a sincere request. Regards, Nikhil Pingle

Posted: 10 years ago 15 sept. 2014, 04:55 UTC−4
As I m new to comsol..I would like to develop persistaltic pump and valves for my design, I look on to your design in comsol..May I know where the values for "w_fluid" and "netflowt" is given.
I try to run the model,i get following error..may i know why this is happening
"Nonlinear solver did not converge.
Time : 0.1305969132707972
Last time step is not converged"

Looking for your kind responses.

Regards
Yousuf
As I m new to comsol..I would like to develop persistaltic pump and valves for my design, I look on to your design in comsol..May I know where the values for "w_fluid" and "netflowt" is given. I try to run the model,i get following error..may i know why this is happening "Nonlinear solver did not converge. Time : 0.1305969132707972 Last time step is not converged" Looking for your kind responses. Regards Yousuf

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.