Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Novice question - Deforming a mesh according to a solution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Let me begin that I am new to COMSOL.

Using COMSOL 4.4, I have created a model for poroelasticity based on mixture theory. The COMSOL model uses the Weak Form PDE and things seem to work fine in terms of obtaining solutions.

Since my simulations involve the motion of fluids within deformable media I am trying to post process my solution so that the fluid flow is shown on the deformed shape of the body. So my question is: How do I get the mesh or the geometry to deform according to one of the displacement vector field that I compute?

This is not a moving mesh problem. The mesh or geometry motion I am talking about is simply a post-processing operation. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Reply Last Post 22 sept. 2014, 19:34 UTC−4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 22 sept. 2014, 19:34 UTC−4
Sounds like you are talking about a deformation plot, not deforming a mesh. In your Results section of the Model Builder, right-click on one of the plots you've created (for example, on any Slice plot in a 3D Plot Group) and you'll see a menu come up that includes "Deformation". Choose that. The rest should be pretty straightforward.
Sounds like you are talking about a deformation plot, not deforming a mesh. In your Results section of the Model Builder, right-click on one of the plots you've created (for example, on any Slice plot in a 3D Plot Group) and you'll see a menu come up that includes "Deformation". Choose that. The rest should be pretty straightforward.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.