Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Do I need to specify the unit in the parametric sweep

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

if I have a variable "a" which is specified as 4[µm] in the global parameters section and in the geometry I have specified [µm] to be the default unit. I wish to do a parametric sweep of it, but do I need to specify the [µm] there as well? like

{1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8}[µm]

Or is it enough to do write

{1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8}

The reason I'm asking is that I once forgot to specify the [µm] in the sweep once and it looked like the results were resonable.

1 Reply Last Post 16 sept. 2014, 05:47 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 16 sept. 2014, 05:47 UTC−4
I did a global evaluation of the parameter an it turned out that one must specify it like below (otherwise it will be in meters)

{1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8}[µm]

I did a global evaluation of the parameter an it turned out that one must specify it like below (otherwise it will be in meters) {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8}[µm]

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.