Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Postprocessing using '>'

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I have got a question about postprocessing when I am using '>'. For example, I want to show the von mises stress over a domain. The default expression is: fsi.mises, and I can see colour distribution over the domain. However, if I change the expression to fsi.mises>50[kPa], the legend shows 0 to 1. Could anybody tell me what does 0 to 1 mean?

Thanks for you help.

Albert

2 Replies Last Post 5 sept. 2014, 02:07 UTC−4
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 10 years ago 5 sept. 2014, 01:58 UTC−4

I have got a question about postprocessing when I am using '>'. For example, I want to show the von mises stress over a domain. The default expression is: fsi.mises, and I can see colour distribution over the domain. However, if I change the expression to fsi.mises>50[kPa], the legend shows 0 to 1. Could anybody tell me what does 0 to 1 mean?

If you use the expression "fsi.mises>50[kPa]", then the plot will contain the result of evaluating the > operator. The result is 1 the inequality is satisfied and 0 where it isn't.

It sounds as if you maybe want to restrict the plot to the the part where the inequality is satisfied. You can do this by right-clicking on the plot in the Model Builder and adding a Filter node, where you enter your logical expression.
[QUOTE] I have got a question about postprocessing when I am using '>'. For example, I want to show the von mises stress over a domain. The default expression is: fsi.mises, and I can see colour distribution over the domain. However, if I change the expression to fsi.mises>50[kPa], the legend shows 0 to 1. Could anybody tell me what does 0 to 1 mean? [/QUOTE] If you use the expression "fsi.mises>50[kPa]", then the plot will contain the result of evaluating the > operator. The result is 1 the inequality is satisfied and 0 where it isn't. It sounds as if you maybe want to restrict the plot to the the part where the inequality is satisfied. You can do this by right-clicking on the plot in the Model Builder and adding a Filter node, where you enter your logical expression.

Posted: 10 years ago 5 sept. 2014, 02:07 UTC−4
Hi Gunnar,

Thank you very much for your reply. I tried the filter as you recommended and it worked. Thanks again.

Albert
Hi Gunnar, Thank you very much for your reply. I tried the filter as you recommended and it worked. Thanks again. Albert

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.