Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Power output magnet and coil generator

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I would like to get the power output from my magnet and coil generator. I used this model:
Voltage Induced in a Coil by Moving Magnet. Model ID: 14163
Of course the ’’open’’ voltage is known. But I would also like to know the voltage when the coil is connected to a resistor, so I can check the voltage drop and power output.
Is there way to model this in Comsol? Or a different way to get the same results?
Thank you,
Tom

3 Replies Last Post 10 nov. 2014, 07:46 UTC−5

Posted: 10 years ago 19 août 2014, 07:21 UTC−4
Hi,

the Comsol-way to do this is to add a new physics: a circuit (just thick of a link to a Spice simualtor)#
The circuit contains to elements
- Voltage vs Current which is linked to the coil modelled in FEA
- the load resistor.

That's all!

Regards

Jens
Hi, the Comsol-way to do this is to add a new physics: a circuit (just thick of a link to a Spice simualtor)# The circuit contains to elements - Voltage vs Current which is linked to the coil modelled in FEA - the load resistor. That's all! Regards Jens

Posted: 10 years ago 19 août 2014, 10:39 UTC−4
Hi Jens,

Thank you. it worked like a charm!

Tom
Hi Jens, Thank you. it worked like a charm! Tom

Posted: 10 years ago 10 nov. 2014, 07:46 UTC−5
sir i am following the same steps given in the pdf but my induced voltage remains zero. Can u suggest me where i could be wrong?
sir i am following the same steps given in the pdf but my induced voltage remains zero. Can u suggest me where i could be wrong?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.