Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Password cannot be entered into MATLAB LiveLink

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Whenever I try to start a MATLAB LiveLink (be it over the "COMSOL 4.4 with MATLAB" icon or manually) the command window lets me enter a username, but as soon as I want to enter a password, no entries are accepted. I can write whatever I want without it being shown in the command window. It thus becomes impossible to start a LiveLink application.

I am using COMSOL 4.4 and MATLAB 2014a. The MATLAB root is configured in COMSOL.

I would highly appreciate your help.

Thanks, Moritz

2 Replies Last Post 2 déc. 2014, 06:01 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Moritz Graule

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 10 years ago 2 déc. 2014, 05:28 UTC−5
I am experiencing the same problem as Moritz, although I am using COMSOL 5.0 and Matlab 2014a. I can enter any username I want, but I cannot type anything in the password line?
I am experiencing the same problem as Moritz, although I am using COMSOL 5.0 and Matlab 2014a. I can enter any username I want, but I cannot type anything in the password line?

Posted: 10 years ago 2 déc. 2014, 06:01 UTC−5
Updated: 6 years ago 10 janv. 2019, 15:15 UTC−5
Ok I found out myself: when typing a password in the windows command prompt, you don't see anything, but it actually is there, so 'type' a password, and retype it in the 'Confirm password' line. Just remember well what you typed the first time.
Ok I found out myself: when typing a password in the windows command prompt, you don't see anything, but it actually is there, so 'type' a password, and retype it in the 'Confirm password' line. Just remember well what you typed the first time.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.