Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

No outlet boundary condition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I'm modeling an small injection in the eye. The amount I'm injecting is 0.1cc over a period of 5 seconds.

The amount I'm injecting is minuscule compared to the overall volume of the eye, however I would like to look at the viscous stress at the walls. Is there anyway to get around having no outlet?

1 Reply Last Post 3 juil. 2014, 14:34 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 3 juil. 2014, 14:34 UTC−4
This sounds like more of a poroelasticity problem to me. You can inject fluid without an outlet with that module. I am not as familiar with the CFD module.
This sounds like more of a poroelasticity problem to me. You can inject fluid without an outlet with that module. I am not as familiar with the CFD module.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.