Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with changing a Multi-Turn Coil from a rotating body to a CAD Import

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi @ All,

i have created a model with a Multi-Turn Coil (rotating body).
Now i try to exchange the rotating body with a CAD Model (looks like a
4 rectangular tube), but i can't define a Input Boundary for a Current.
It would be great if someone can give me a advice.
A second issue arise when i try to create a mesh. I cant use a size bigger then "Finer".
is ther a possibility to create a normal size mesh?

Thanks for your help,

cya Thommy

old modle: B-Field Rund-Spule mit C-Kern_3.mph
new model: B-Field 4-Kant-Spule mit C-Kern_3.mph

2 Replies Last Post 27 mai 2015, 19:37 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 juin 2014, 03:22 UTC−4
Good morning,

does nobody knows a way to use the square tube as a coil?
I can't define a (correct) Boundary as an input Boundary.

Thanks for your help,

cya Thommy
Good morning, does nobody knows a way to use the square tube as a coil? I can't define a (correct) Boundary as an input Boundary. Thanks for your help, cya Thommy

Posted: 9 years ago 27 mai 2015, 19:37 UTC−4
Hi,

I'm facing the same problem, did you find a solution? I built the geometry that needed multi turn coil input but it is a square and I get an error that it could not determine the center of the circular coil. And the direction of the input current doesn't not follow a unidirectional course. Please let me know if you could solve this.

Thank you.
Hi, I'm facing the same problem, did you find a solution? I built the geometry that needed multi turn coil input but it is a square and I get an error that it could not determine the center of the circular coil. And the direction of the input current doesn't not follow a unidirectional course. Please let me know if you could solve this. Thank you.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.