Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Models coupling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!

Sorry for this question but I can not understand how to use general extrusion operator.

I have 2 models for 2 variables: 2d-domain for u and 3d-domain for u2.
I want to define initial conditions for u2 by u as following: u2 (x, y, z, 0) = u (x, y, 0) (so u2(x, y, z, 0) is constant with respect to z).
I define general extrusion operator in 2d model and then define the initial condition for u2 as mod1.genext1(mod1.u).
Although I am not sure about definition of general extrusion operator. Could someone explain how should it be defined? Or maybe another model coupling operator should be used?..

Thank you in advance!

0 Replies Last Post 28 mai 2014, 13:43 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Anastasia Migunova

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.