Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Meaning of right-hand terms in the drift-diffusion equations in DC Discharge interface

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

As shown in the picture I attached, the right-hand terms of the drift-diffusion equations for electron density and mean electron energy in actual model are different with those given in the documentation. I am quite confused about the physical meanings of right-hand terms except "Re" in model's equations, because I can't find any explanations for these terms in the documentation.

Can anyone give me some suggestions or tips?

Thank you.

2 Replies Last Post 12 mai 2014, 20:08 UTC−4
Luke Gritter Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 mai 2014, 14:18 UTC−4
Pan,

The terms with u in them are convective terms which are activated when you add a Velocity node. The vector u is the bulk velocity vector as specified on the Velocity node.

The Sen term is the energy loss/production as a result of the electron collisions.

The Q terms are the various types of source terms representing additional power deposition (i.e. not due to the voltage gradient) that can be added to the electron energy equation.

--
Luke Gritter
AltaSim Technologies
Pan, The terms with u in them are convective terms which are activated when you add a Velocity node. The vector u is the bulk velocity vector as specified on the Velocity node. The Sen term is the energy loss/production as a result of the electron collisions. The Q terms are the various types of source terms representing additional power deposition (i.e. not due to the voltage gradient) that can be added to the electron energy equation. -- Luke Gritter AltaSim Technologies

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 mai 2014, 20:08 UTC−4

Hi, Luke. Thank you very much for your help.
Hi, Luke. Thank you very much for your help.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.