Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to open a model file without opening the solution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi colleagues,

does anyone have a hint on the following:

Sometimes the Comsol files grow very large if you store them including the solution.

Later on you might need some of the settings inside and you have to be very patient until your model file is opened.

I know there are ways to remove the solution before storage to save anything but the solution. But the question is if there is another option to have a quick look on settings of files previously saved.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Markus

3 Replies Last Post 26 mars 2014, 09:40 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 26 mars 2014, 08:39 UTC−4
Uhm - OK. Seems there is no possibility to perform this task?

If that is going to be the case, I would recommend this as a feature to be integrated in the future.

Markus
Uhm - OK. Seems there is no possibility to perform this task? If that is going to be the case, I would recommend this as a feature to be integrated in the future. Markus

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 26 mars 2014, 09:30 UTC−4
Markus,

I am supporting this suggestion. You should consider to suggest it to the COMSOL support. This way it will make its way into some official wish list and to the COMSOL developpers. If you don't mind I will do that as well to give it more weight.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Markus, I am supporting this suggestion. You should consider to suggest it to the COMSOL support. This way it will make its way into some official wish list and to the COMSOL developpers. If you don't mind I will do that as well to give it more weight. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 1 decade ago 26 mars 2014, 09:40 UTC−4
If possible, where can we see the wish list? And is there an official channel to add things to the list?

--
Pu, ZHANG
DTU Fotonik
If possible, where can we see the wish list? And is there an official channel to add things to the list? -- Pu, ZHANG DTU Fotonik

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.