Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to open Femlab 3.1 file (.fl) in COMSOL 4.3 ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All;

I got an issue. How can I open .fl file extension (Femlab 3.1 version) in COMSOL 4.3.
Because COMSOL 4.3 use .mph file extension.

Thanks

2 Replies Last Post 17 mai 2014, 21:11 UTC−4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 janv. 2014, 08:20 UTC−5
Hello Sufyan,

COMSOL 4.3 can directly load models saved from version 3.5a. For loading models from earlier COMSOL versions than 3.5a you will need to load them in COMSOL 3.5a and save them there first.
If you need to do this for many files, for simplifying this task a utility is available where you can convert all
files in a directory from versions 3.0–3.5 to version 3.5a. See the section “COMSOL Convertpre35a Command” for Windows, the section “COMSOL Convertpre35a Command” for Linux, or the section “COMSOL Convertpre35a Command” for the Mac in the v4.3 COMSOL Installation and Operations Guide for more information. Note that this utility requires that you have 3.5a.

I hope this helps,
Jeff
Hello Sufyan, COMSOL 4.3 can directly load models saved from version 3.5a. For loading models from earlier COMSOL versions than 3.5a you will need to load them in COMSOL 3.5a and save them there first. If you need to do this for many files, for simplifying this task a utility is available where you can convert all files in a directory from versions 3.0–3.5 to version 3.5a. See the section “COMSOL Convertpre35a Command” for Windows, the section “COMSOL Convertpre35a Command” for Linux, or the section “COMSOL Convertpre35a Command” for the Mac in the v4.3 COMSOL Installation and Operations Guide for more information. Note that this utility requires that you have 3.5a. I hope this helps, Jeff

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 mai 2014, 21:11 UTC−4
Hi, I installed 3.5.0, but can't find the convert item, can you give me a picture?
Can you send me a file that can update 3.5 vision into 3.5a as the file redownload is really time-consuming.
Thank you!
Hi, I installed 3.5.0, but can't find the convert item, can you give me a picture? Can you send me a file that can update 3.5 vision into 3.5a as the file redownload is really time-consuming. Thank you!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.