Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Nano-scale to Macro-scale

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello COMSOLers,

I am working on a model dealing with an adsorption reaction in a porous media that generates heat, and the heat generated is then transferred to a heat transfer fluid (air). The objective of my model is to calculate the time needed for an increase of 30 degC to the temperature of the heat transfer fluid.

My model has two parts; the first part is the adsorption, for which I have followed the COMSOL tutorial on Transport and Adsorption. For the heat transfer, I am using the conjugate heat transfer module, where I am defining the the solid part, the fluid part along with the material properties etc and the generation of heat. For the generation of heat I am using a boundary heat source, which is related to the adsorption rate (variable R in Transport and Adsorption model).

The investigation I am doing concerns only one pore, which I assume to be a very small tube with a diameter of 0.8nm and length of 5nm. The problem I am dealing with right now is that I don't know how I can use the results I am getting on the nanoscale in order to see what happens on the actual geometry (11X23X27)

Thank you in advance for your help.

Giorgos

1 Reply Last Post 1 oct. 2015, 03:11 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Giorgos Kourtellos

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 1 oct. 2015, 03:11 UTC−4
Dear Giorgos,

Did you manage to simulate in nanoscale now?
I need to do simulations in nanoscale in heat transfer module too but it's not working.

hope to hear from you soon
Thanks in advance
-Haliqa
Dear Giorgos, Did you manage to simulate in nanoscale now? I need to do simulations in nanoscale in heat transfer module too but it's not working. hope to hear from you soon Thanks in advance -Haliqa

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.