Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

unable to save and compute mesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,
I have two issues:

1. I am unable to save my model. I have imported an assembly from solidworks into comsol and when I try to save I get the error " An invalid XML character (Unicode 0x4) was found in the element content: t(s("//geom/geoms[key='geom1']/value/feature/features[key='cad1']/value)) m(s("set")) s("param") sa(s..."
( for the complete message see the attached screenshot.

2. I have created a cross-section of the 3-d image I have imported, and I was trying to compute my physics but i get a meshing error, about intersecting faces. I can generate the mesh by clicking 'build all' in the mesh section of the model., but not compute the solution.

Finally, I was wondering if there were any suggestions to the model. I am trying to model an Magnetic induction tomography system (hence the coils around the pipe).

Thank you
Mukund

0 Replies Last Post 28 nov. 2013, 06:24 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mukund Vemuri

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.