Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Out of Memory although using more RAM

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hej there,

I ran a rarefied gas flow model (transitional flow) on my 16GB RAM machine. I build a 2D model with a D2Q36 quadrature and it runs on my machine.
As I want to use an larger quadrature which can not be simulated on my 16GB machine anymore I tried a 38GB RAM machine. But on this even the D2Q36 model that ran on the smaller machine gives an "out of memory during LU factorization" error. How can this be and how top solve this problem?

Thanks
Laura

1 Reply Last Post 19 nov. 2013, 09:57 UTC−5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 nov. 2013, 09:57 UTC−5
I hope you have solved this problem by now, but my guess is that you are using a direct solver? Try using a different solver type, this might slow down the calculation but might enable you to finish it.

--
/RVN
I hope you have solved this problem by now, but my guess is that you are using a direct solver? Try using a different solver type, this might slow down the calculation but might enable you to finish it. -- /RVN

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.