Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

An issue in remote desktop control

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all

I meet an issue that I can't open the comsol application directly in other computer through the remote desktop control. they are both in windows system.

Do you have any suggestion for it?

Thank you,

Qize

3 Replies Last Post 21 janv. 2014, 10:40 UTC−5

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 nov. 2013, 06:41 UTC−5
I think that's how the license actually works. Your license only allows using COMSOL on one computer. Remote control is recognized as running COMSOL through another computer, so it's forbidden.

--
Pu, ZHANG ??
Departamento de Física Teórica de la Materia Condensada,
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid,
Madrid, Spain.
I think that's how the license actually works. Your license only allows using COMSOL on one computer. Remote control is recognized as running COMSOL through another computer, so it's forbidden. -- Pu, ZHANG ?? Departamento de Física Teórica de la Materia Condensada, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain.

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 nov. 2013, 07:35 UTC−5
Hi,

thank you for your reply, should be as you say,

But I notice that someone runs it in window NT using the compatible mode, it would be OK. Unfortunately, the system window 2008 server doesn't have the window NT option under the compatible mode.

Thanks again,

Qize
Hi, thank you for your reply, should be as you say, But I notice that someone runs it in window NT using the compatible mode, it would be OK. Unfortunately, the system window 2008 server doesn't have the window NT option under the compatible mode. Thanks again, Qize

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 janv. 2014, 10:40 UTC−5
Yeah, I had this same silly issue. It is not as if the software is installed on two different computers. One way around it is to start COMSOL on the computer where it is installed, then remote desktop in. The software is already running and can be used and you can open other COMSOL files from the session, but you won't be able to open a new session. They should fix this.
Yeah, I had this same silly issue. It is not as if the software is installed on two different computers. One way around it is to start COMSOL on the computer where it is installed, then remote desktop in. The software is already running and can be used and you can open other COMSOL files from the session, but you won't be able to open a new session. They should fix this.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.