Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

circular halbach array of permanent magnets - how to simulate coercivity effects?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!

I have to simulate a circular halbach array with 32 segments (octupole configuration). I defined the material to be iron and set the magnetization for each segment. I did this by using the magnetic fields module and defining an Amperes Law for every segment.

This worked pretty good and I got good results for my magnetic field in the inside of the circle.

The next step is to think about coercivity of the segments. Each segment "feels" the field of the others and gets affected by it. I dont know how to implement this effect into my simulation. Is it even possible for Comsol to simulate this?

0 Replies Last Post 22 oct. 2013, 08:36 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jan Peter Karch

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.