Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Microfluidics device for sorting of particles

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am attempting to do simulations on microsorters based on dielectophoresis and magnetophoresis. I managed to do the simulation for just 1 type of particle but i'm facing issues setting different particle properties for the Particle Tracing for Fluid Flow and labeling different particles in the Particle Trajectories Plot.

The end product I want to achieve is similar to what has been done in this presentation at 1:19:30
www.youtube.com/watch?v=gygcx-beYrY
but I not sure on how did they manage to do it.

Thanks in advance for your help

1 Reply Last Post 23 sept. 2013, 22:27 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 sept. 2013, 22:27 UTC−4
Hi Kelson,

Am a very new user of Comsol, trying to do a study similar to yours. I wanted to separate blood cells from the whole blood and collect them individually. Could you please advice me how to define the cells in comsol software and how to do the simulation. Do i need to define individual cell as a particle of various sizes and property? Could you share your model, if its not a problem.
Hi Kelson, Am a very new user of Comsol, trying to do a study similar to yours. I wanted to separate blood cells from the whole blood and collect them individually. Could you please advice me how to define the cells in comsol software and how to do the simulation. Do i need to define individual cell as a particle of various sizes and property? Could you share your model, if its not a problem.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.