Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electric field lines

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I wanted to visualize how the electric field lines develop between oppositely charged electrodes of various shapes. I had chosen electric current or electrostatics as my physics interface. Also I had defined the boundary for electric potential and ground. In the result I could view the Multislice Electric potential. Please help me how to view the electric field lines.

Thanks

5 Replies Last Post 17 sept. 2013, 01:25 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 sept. 2013, 10:40 UTC−4
Hi,

try adding a streamline plot and select the expression for electric field components, i.e. es.Ex, es.Ey, es.Ez or ec.Ex, ec.Ey, ec.Ez.

Ciao
Hi, try adding a streamline plot and select the expression for electric field components, i.e. es.Ex, es.Ey, es.Ez or ec.Ex, ec.Ey, ec.Ez. Ciao

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 sept. 2013, 22:37 UTC−4
yup. I have got them!!.
Thanks
yup. I have got them!!. Thanks

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 sept. 2013, 04:45 UTC−4
Hello,

I'm still very inexperienced using Comsol, but I have tried to simulate some models like yours, but I can't get it to give some useful results. Therefore I would ask you if your simulation is secret or maybe I could see it and use your methods as guidelines to make my own simulation?
Hello, I'm still very inexperienced using Comsol, but I have tried to simulate some models like yours, but I can't get it to give some useful results. Therefore I would ask you if your simulation is secret or maybe I could see it and use your methods as guidelines to make my own simulation?

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 sept. 2013, 09:03 UTC−4
Hello,

Pls find the pdf document. I used this as my reference. Hope it would be helpful for you.

Thanks
Hello, Pls find the pdf document. I used this as my reference. Hope it would be helpful for you. Thanks

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 sept. 2013, 01:25 UTC−4
Thank you very much! I'm sure it will be helpful! :)
Thank you very much! I'm sure it will be helpful! :)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.