Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

coordinate system confusion

Vaishnavi Chandrasekar

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have a 3D time-dependent diffusion model that I have built. This is a cylinderical geometry with diffusion of a substance taking place from the center of the cylinder to the outside. I tried using both the default coordinate system ("global coordinate system") and inputting cylindrical coordinates, and asking COMSOL to solve using the "cylinderical coordinate system". However after solving, both solutions (concentration profiles) look the same, so I am curious why that is? Is the default coordinate system decided by COMSOL, or is it automatically the cartesian system? If so, shouldn't the cartesian coordinate system generate different results?

Thanks,
Vaishnavi

0 Replies Last Post 4 sept. 2013, 10:26 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Vaishnavi Chandrasekar

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.