Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to input AC E-field to the system?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm a beginniner in COMSOL. I think my questions is a little bit silly to ask, but I don't know how to proceed without help from your guys.

I want to establish simply a system of two plate electrodes separated by a medium, such as air or water, and apply AC electrical signal to one of the electrodes, and ground the other one (one apply +/-, the other 0V, is that a right move?). But I watched a lot of videos and still don't know how to implement AC in AC/DC Module. I also want to observe the frequency-dependence of this "capacitor-like" structure, that according to different frequencies, the impedance will change.

Could someone advice me? Thank you very much!!!!

0 Replies Last Post 9 août 2013, 03:11 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello James Jia

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.