Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Torque from Shear Stress Integration

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have been working on a model of a flat plate very near the wall of a duct with air flowing through it.
In order to find the forces acting on this plate, I have been integrating T_stress over the surfaces of the plate.
Now, I would like to find torque acting on the plate and am struggling to figure out the function I need to integrate.
I understand that I need to multiply the result of the surface integration of T_stress by the distance to some axis to all points on the surface of interest, but I am not sure how to do this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Replies Last Post 3 août 2013, 22:05 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Niko Kastor

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.