Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Geometry Parametric sweep

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I want to run a geometry parametric sweep.
Consider the following geometry sweep parameters:
H range(20[mm],10[mm],60[mm])
Z range(0[mm],10[mm],20[mm]+H)

The idea is that Z maximum value is against the height H of the object in the current nested iteration of Z against H.
In the first round (H=20) maximum Z will be 20+H=40. When first round of Z sweep finishes, H will become 30 and the maximum Z will be 50[mm].
This is not happening and ComSol is using the H global defined parameter.
Is it possible to force ComSol to use in the Z parameter sweep range the H value as calculated in the for the current parameter sweep step?

A simple code for that will be
for (H=1 to N)
for (Z= 1 to H)
mesh.....
next Z
next H

Thank you,
Dimitris

2 Replies Last Post 17 avr. 2014, 05:44 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Dimitris Oikonomou

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 mars 2014, 16:51 UTC−5
Did you find a solution for this? I am trying to do something similar.
Did you find a solution for this? I am trying to do something similar.

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 avr. 2014, 05:44 UTC−4
Hello, do you find a solution to your problem? I'm actually want to add a parametric sweep to my geometry model. I have a wire electrod, and I want to run a simulation in order to see the Electric field behavior when the diameter of my electrod changes.
When i'm running the simulation, when the diameter is my variable. COMSOL doesn't change the variable. And do the calculation for the 1st value of the diameter..
Someone has an idea to deal with this problem?
Thanks
Hello, do you find a solution to your problem? I'm actually want to add a parametric sweep to my geometry model. I have a wire electrod, and I want to run a simulation in order to see the Electric field behavior when the diameter of my electrod changes. When i'm running the simulation, when the diameter is my variable. COMSOL doesn't change the variable. And do the calculation for the 1st value of the diameter.. Someone has an idea to deal with this problem? Thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.