Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Acoustic S Parameter Calculation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to obtain the variation of the refractive index(n) and impedance (Z) for a unit cell of a periodic structure. For this, I am using the Pressure Acoustics, Frequency Domain module in Comsol 4.2a. I wanted to know how I could obtain the S parameters for the structure.

What I tried to do was put the unit cell in a waveguide of same width as that of the unit cell, and then made a plane wave incident on it from one side. Then, I took the value of the Scattered Sound Pressure Level at 2 points- 1 in front of the structure [to give S21] and the other behind the structure, on the same side as the incident wave [S11].

Using these, I calculated the values of impedance, but they are not matching with the results. This implies that the above approach is wrong for calculating the S parameters.

Can someone please enlighten me as to how I can go about calculating the acoustic S parameters? It would be a great help!

0 Replies Last Post 6 juin 2013, 08:18 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Manu Sahay

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.