Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Multi Turn Coil - reverse field

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am building a Beam-Line simulation using COMSOL 4.3.0.151, using a geometry imported from a CAD file constructed by my engineer.

1st step is to assemble the magnetic optics, for which i imported the coils' geometry and attached a MULTI TURN COIL DOMAIN for each, with the specific current and number of turns.

The problem is that some of the coils turn out great, and the others reversed. I tried to reverse the current (i_coil -> --i_Coil) but it does not help.
Attached to the message is a 3D photo of the magnetic field along the beam-line for illustration: some of the coils just turn out to have fields in the opposite direction!

Has anyone encounter with this problem before/ can help me, please?

Thank you

0 Replies Last Post 26 mai 2013, 08:12 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Erez Cohen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.