Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Wavelengths seen in 2D plots

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am simulating the intereaction of EM radiation with a plasmonic element. I have set up the study to parametize the wavelength of the incoming radiation from 4 um to 20 um. In looking at the fields in the 2D plots, I notice that when I switch from wavelength to wavelenth, the interaction of the field with the element does change. Nevertheless, the number of field maxima and minima between the source port and the element stays the same. For example, my port is fixed at 30 um from my element. When I view the 2D plot of a 5 um incident wave I see the same number of maxima and minima in the incoming field as when I view the plot of a 10 um incident wave.

Why would that occur? Shouldn't I see twice as many maxima and minima in the 5 um plot as I do in the 10 um plot?

v/r

John

1 Reply Last Post 21 mai 2013, 13:24 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 mai 2013, 13:24 UTC−4
This question is currently handled by COMSOL's technical support team.
This question is currently handled by COMSOL's technical support team.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.