Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

coupling solid mechanics with magnetic fields

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm currently trying to analyze the change of magnetic flux that is made by a 3D magnet that is adjusted on a periodically moving beam. (Physics: SOLID, MF and Time Dependent)

But unfortunately my simulation does not converge.

I checked all my BC (Boundary conditions) in order to have a unique solution and made a finer mesh, but it didn't help. I think I'm doing something wrong with the coupling between MF and SOLID Physics.

How can I couple these two physics in order to get the simulation work?

I would be really happy and thankful if someone can take a look at my model and help me out!

Mario

2 Replies Last Post 21 juin 2016, 19:32 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 mai 2013, 03:37 UTC−4
Please! I would be really happy if someone can help me with this!
Please! I would be really happy if someone can help me with this!

Posted: 8 years ago 21 juin 2016, 19:32 UTC−4
Hello,

I have seen your question/model and the idea of the work you have for your thesis.
I am doing my master thesis as well and I have a problem with magneto structural coupling that probably you could help me in some way!
Would you be available? Or any way to contact you?

Best regards
Hello, I have seen your question/model and the idea of the work you have for your thesis. I am doing my master thesis as well and I have a problem with magneto structural coupling that probably you could help me in some way! Would you be available? Or any way to contact you? Best regards

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.