Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

silencer duct

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I want to simulate insertion loss for ventilation ducts. I need to define inlet and outlet pressure so i can calculate insertion loss by its difference.
There is a similar sample "perforated muffler" for this situation.
there is a definition for acoustic power
P_in = intop_in(2*p0^2/(2*acpr.rho*acpr.c)) Total acoustic power at the inlet

P_out = intop_out(2*p*conj(p)/(2*acpr.rho*acpr.c)) Total acoustic power, outlet

TL 10*log10(P_in/P_out) Transmission loss

Are these formulas suitable for calculating sound pressure or i need to use anything else?

Regards

1 Reply Last Post 20 mai 2013, 03:21 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 20 mai 2013, 03:21 UTC−4
There is also a model called "Absorptive Muffler" that employs the same solution, it works fine as far as I know.

--
Hope this helps
--
/RVN
There is also a model called "Absorptive Muffler" that employs the same solution, it works fine as far as I know. -- Hope this helps -- /RVN

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.