Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

import mesh with the edited *.mphtxt file

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, everyone:

I have a geometry mesh, and I knew the mesh node's coordinates: x, y, z in matlab workspace.
I want to import the mesh into COMSOL , and set the point whose coordinates were knew as the mesh nodes .
How to do this? Do I need to write a *.mphtxt file of the mesh? And how to edit the *.mphtxt files?

THanks for your help.

YH

2 Replies Last Post 30 avr. 2013, 07:46 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 29 avr. 2013, 02:29 UTC−4
Hi

do not forget that COMSOl does not "work with mesh" as older classical FEM programmes, but you define the physics on the geoemtrical domains and boundaries. So even if you improt a mesh, you need to define the corresponding domains and bondaries to get your physics attached correctly to the mesh elements. That is not often so easy ;)
But OK if you work on the same CAD domain in COMSOL and in matlab where you generate your mesh then it might work

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi do not forget that COMSOl does not "work with mesh" as older classical FEM programmes, but you define the physics on the geoemtrical domains and boundaries. So even if you improt a mesh, you need to define the corresponding domains and bondaries to get your physics attached correctly to the mesh elements. That is not often so easy ;) But OK if you work on the same CAD domain in COMSOL and in matlab where you generate your mesh then it might work -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 avr. 2013, 07:46 UTC−4
Thanks
Thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.