Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

impose a local young's modulus on many subdomains

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi everybody
i want to make a script (matlab) to impose a local young's modulus on many subdomains (attached image of my subdomain)

someone have any idea how to make it ?

thank you very much

2 Replies Last Post 23 avr. 2013, 02:52 UTC−4
Eric Favre COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 avr. 2013, 10:36 UTC−4
Hello Tarik,

You typically call an interpolation function of x and y.
The example "aquifer characterization" from the Subsurface Flow module is the closest COMSOL has for imposing a function that is mesh dependent like yours.
www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/4410/

The principle of using interpolation function is used in the simpler "rock fracture flow" available with the basic package. Note that in such case the function is not mesh-dependent.
www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/101/

I'll send you a bit more details elsewhere.
Good luck,
Eric

Hello Tarik, You typically call an interpolation function of x and y. The example "aquifer characterization" from the Subsurface Flow module is the closest COMSOL has for imposing a function that is mesh dependent like yours. http://www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/4410/ The principle of using interpolation function is used in the simpler "rock fracture flow" available with the basic package. Note that in such case the function is not mesh-dependent. http://www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/101/ I'll send you a bit more details elsewhere. Good luck, Eric

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 avr. 2013, 02:52 UTC−4
hi Eric,

thanks

i'll watch
hi Eric, thanks i'll watch

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.