Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plasma nitrogen

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello.

Does anyone have data for the simulation of plasma ICP for nitrogen?

Thank you.

5 Replies Last Post 5 déc. 2013, 02:15 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Zdeno Zitny

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 oct. 2013, 03:08 UTC−4
i suggest you can go to the website with the address of www.lxcat.laplace.univ-tlse.fr/ to look for the data you needed.
i suggest you can go to the website with the address of http://www.lxcat.laplace.univ-tlse.fr/ to look for the data you needed.

Posted: 1 decade ago 15 nov. 2013, 09:33 UTC−5
Hello,
I am simulating nitrogen dc plasma for DBD reactor in dc discharge interface. I used database from Phelps for nitrogen cross section. For importing nitrogen database to COMSOL, it needs "statistical weight ratio" of final state to initial state (as 2nd number of 3rd line). I tried to search, but could not find this number for nitrogen excitation reactions.
Could anyone can please help me, by sharing the source/reference to these values or procedure how to calculate them?

I would like to thank you in advance. Looking forward to hear.

Best Regards,
Bhaskar
Hello, I am simulating nitrogen dc plasma for DBD reactor in dc discharge interface. I used database from Phelps for nitrogen cross section. For importing nitrogen database to COMSOL, it needs "statistical weight ratio" of final state to initial state (as 2nd number of 3rd line). I tried to search, but could not find this number for nitrogen excitation reactions. Could anyone can please help me, by sharing the source/reference to these values or procedure how to calculate them? I would like to thank you in advance. Looking forward to hear. Best Regards, Bhaskar

Posted: 1 decade ago 15 nov. 2013, 20:24 UTC−5
Hello Bhaskar,
I am a entirely new learner about plasma and i even don not know how to choose the cross section data.Even more ,i don not know what is the data means.Till now ,i just do some exercises from COMSOL forum.My major is dielectric barrier discharge in atmosphere pressure.Our job is to do the experiment but i don not konw how to explain the phenomenon. Would you like to add me as your friends and talk about the principle about the plasma . What kind of communicating tool do you use such as MSN,SKYPE and so on??

Thanks for your reply.

Best regards,
Ruifeng Sun
Hello Bhaskar, I am a entirely new learner about plasma and i even don not know how to choose the cross section data.Even more ,i don not know what is the data means.Till now ,i just do some exercises from COMSOL forum.My major is dielectric barrier discharge in atmosphere pressure.Our job is to do the experiment but i don not konw how to explain the phenomenon. Would you like to add me as your friends and talk about the principle about the plasma . What kind of communicating tool do you use such as MSN,SKYPE and so on?? Thanks for your reply. Best regards, Ruifeng Sun

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 nov. 2013, 06:01 UTC−5
Hello,

Yes, we can be in contact to discuss issues related to COMSOL simulations and DBD reactor.
My e-mail is B.S.Patil@tue.nl. Please send me your skype details on my e-mail.

Best,
Bhaskar
Hello, Yes, we can be in contact to discuss issues related to COMSOL simulations and DBD reactor. My e-mail is B.S.Patil@tue.nl. Please send me your skype details on my e-mail. Best, Bhaskar

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 déc. 2013, 02:15 UTC−5
somewhere in the model exchange/library I found some cross-sections data for He O2 N2.. alltogether.
i did not for now took them apart..

somewhere in the model exchange/library I found some cross-sections data for He O2 N2.. alltogether. i did not for now took them apart..

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.