Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electric potential boundary on thin structure

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!

My model contains a thin film with a thickness of 30 nm. I have applied different potentials and grounds on the thin boundaries of this film without any problems, but now I'm trying to apply these two boundary conditions on one of the flat sides of the film and the resulting potential doesn't turn out the way it should.

Is there a way to get a proper result by using these bc's on the flat side or do I have to stick with my old solution (i.e. potentials on the thin boundaries)? I made a quick model to illustrate my problem. thick.png shows what I would like to get (here I've increased the thickness to 30 µm) and thin.png shows the unwanted result due to the thinness of the geometry.

Thanks.

2 Replies Last Post 12 avr. 2013, 08:42 UTC−4
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 avr. 2013, 08:11 UTC−4
Hi,

have you considered the distributed impedance BC?

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
www.emphys.com
Hi, have you considered the distributed impedance BC? Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 avr. 2013, 08:42 UTC−4
It seems to do the trick. Much appreciated!
It seems to do the trick. Much appreciated!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.