Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

2D patterns on 3D geometries

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Is there any way to draw a 2D pattern on a surface of a 3D geometry in COMSOL 3.5(a). Suppose we have a block and on the top surface of this block we want to draw a 2D rectangle. Any suggestions?

Regards

1 Reply Last Post 31 mars 2013, 09:29 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 31 mars 2013, 09:29 UTC−4
Open a 3D file.
Right click Geometry and add a block.
Right click Geometry and add a work plane. This gives you a 2D plane to work on, and you can chose which plane (xy, zx etc.)
Under work plane right click Plane Geometry and add a square.
Or left click plane geometry and use the options along to top ribbon to freehand draw any shape you want.

I'm using 4.3a, so it might be a little different to 3.5s, but I hope this helps

Open a 3D file. Right click Geometry and add a block. Right click Geometry and add a work plane. This gives you a 2D plane to work on, and you can chose which plane (xy, zx etc.) Under work plane right click Plane Geometry and add a square. Or left click plane geometry and use the options along to top ribbon to freehand draw any shape you want. I'm using 4.3a, so it might be a little different to 3.5s, but I hope this helps

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.