Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

must i compute the whole programe again?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am a beginner of comsol. Most of the time, i made mistakes and got different solution from references. Then i changed Model settings and tried to find the right solution. But usually it take 1-2 hours to complete the computation again. I wonder is it possible to only compute the small part which i have changed? Any tips are welcome! Thank you!

1 Reply Last Post 12 févr. 2013, 10:50 UTC−5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 févr. 2013, 10:50 UTC−5
Hi

computing a new solution means redoing everything of a given "Study", as you might have changed important parameters COMSOl recalculates. If you haveonly added some local integration functions, not changing the solution, but used for postprocessing, then you can do an Update of the study(ies).

If you model takes "hours" then it means that its rather "heavy" perhaps the mesh is to fine, or the initial conditions are too far away from the final solution, and you could gain time by improving things, including considering simpliccations via symmetry use

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi computing a new solution means redoing everything of a given "Study", as you might have changed important parameters COMSOl recalculates. If you haveonly added some local integration functions, not changing the solution, but used for postprocessing, then you can do an Update of the study(ies). If you model takes "hours" then it means that its rather "heavy" perhaps the mesh is to fine, or the initial conditions are too far away from the final solution, and you could gain time by improving things, including considering simpliccations via symmetry use -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.