Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

MAKING STRIATIONS IN A SOLID CYLINDER

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

how do i make striations in a solid cylinder? I know it should be possible but some how cannot figure out how?

2 Replies Last Post 6 févr. 2013, 19:32 UTC−5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 janv. 2013, 00:52 UTC−5
Hi

can you shape the section in a workplane and then extrude (with or without twist) ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi can you shape the section in a workplane and then extrude (with or without twist) ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 févr. 2013, 19:32 UTC−5
hi,

i tried doing it but it did not help.
Actually what i am trying to do is make invaginations in the side of the cylinder. I revolved a rectangle on y-axis forming a cylinder, but my next step involves placing this cylinder in a system where spheres are embedded into the cylinders including the invaginations

Thank U :)
hi, i tried doing it but it did not help. Actually what i am trying to do is make invaginations in the side of the cylinder. I revolved a rectangle on y-axis forming a cylinder, but my next step involves placing this cylinder in a system where spheres are embedded into the cylinders including the invaginations Thank U :)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.