Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Periodic Boundary conditions.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I’m trying to use periodic boundary conditions to implement asymptotic homogenization of solid mechanics in 2D. The problem is that I have to use periodic boundary conditions but in some cases, I need to add a displacement on one component.
Something like this:
u1-u2=cte
v1-v2=0 (this condition is the usual of periodic condition in comsol)
where u and v represent the displacement on x and y respectively and 1 and 2 the opposites sides of a square

Is there any way to do this using periodic boundary conditions or another one?

Regards
Agustin

4 Replies Last Post 22 juin 2017, 10:29 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 janv. 2013, 15:21 UTC−5
H

you could try to turn on the equation view (preferences) and tweak the internal COMSOL formulas, but this usually needs some good testing and validation to be sure its correct and do not interfere with other items/variables

--
Good luck
Ivar
H you could try to turn on the equation view (preferences) and tweak the internal COMSOL formulas, but this usually needs some good testing and validation to be sure its correct and do not interfere with other items/variables -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 janv. 2013, 16:16 UTC−5
Ivar, thanks for your rapid response. That seems to work.
Ivar, thanks for your rapid response. That seems to work.

Posted: 10 years ago 24 nov. 2014, 06:58 UTC−5
It is working
It is working

Posted: 7 years ago 22 juin 2017, 10:29 UTC−4
Hey
I set a Periodic boundary conditions (pressure : 1e2 Pa ) in the flow direction Y and my model is in microfluids domain to represent a fibrous layerd media using a representative volume elementary (unit cell ,a bloc ) in the other dirctions ( the last 4 faces ) i set 0 in the periodic boundary conditions . i set a normal meshing by defaut to test the convergence of the solution but no resulats there is every time an error plz help me !
Hey I set a Periodic boundary conditions (pressure : 1e2 Pa ) in the flow direction Y and my model is in microfluids domain to represent a fibrous layerd media using a representative volume elementary (unit cell ,a bloc ) in the other dirctions ( the last 4 faces ) i set 0 in the periodic boundary conditions . i set a normal meshing by defaut to test the convergence of the solution but no resulats there is every time an error plz help me !

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.